Serves 8 Two small drumsticks each as part of a meal.
8. peppercorns, white or pink
1tsp coriander seeds
5. garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1. shallot, roughly chopped1
1. stem lemongrass roughly chopped
2cm. piece of galangal, roughly chopped (use slightly if using less ginger)i
2. medium red chillies, chopped
1. kaffir lime leaf, chopped
16. (Optional) coriander leaves
16. small chicken drumsticks, skin on
Simply blitz all the ingredients (except the coriander and chicken) in a blender to a purée. Stuff this mix under the chicken skin and massage into the flesh. Chill for a few hours or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6. When ready to cook, push a coriander leaf under the skin of each drumstick and secure with a cocktail stick. Wrap the bone ends in tinfoil to prevent burning. Cook for 20-25 minutes.